The resource, “A Guide to Tackling Maths Anxiety: Building more confident and resilient learners, teachers, and communities,” focuses on addressing maths anxiety. It draws insights from Pearson’s Power of Maths Roundtable, which brought together educators, academics, business leaders, and experts to discuss this issue.
The guide covers practical strategies and solutions for teachers, parents, and learners to combat maths anxiety and promote confidence in mathematics.
Topics include understanding the causes and signs of maths anxiety, rethinking teaching approaches, engaging adults in improving maths skills, and challenging negative perceptions of maths. The resource aims to empower individuals and communities to overcome maths anxiety and embrace mathematics with confidence.
- Maths anxiety: the headlines
- Solutions at the chalkface
- Understanding and identifying maths anxiety
- Tools to support maths-anxious learners
- Rethinking teaching approaches
- Solutions beyond the school gates
- Challenging perceptions and broadening horizons
- Engaging adults and boosting maths confidence
- Further reading and acknowledgements
- Join the conversation
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD OF A GUIDE TO TACKLING MATHS ANXIETY: BUILDING MORE CONFIDENT AND RESILIENT LEARNERS, TEACHERS, AND COMMUNITIES