This resource is a valuable guide designed to assist individuals, particularly parents, caregivers, and professionals, in understanding and supporting children who may be experiencing panic attacks. Panic attacks can be overwhelming and frightening experiences for both the child and those around them. This resource aims to provide practical advice and insights to help navigate these challenging situations.
- Understanding Panic Attacks: The resource explains what panic attacks are and describes the intense physical sensations associated with them, such as racing heart, dizziness, sweating, and more.
- Recognising Signs: It helps readers recognise signs and symptoms of panic attacks in children, including physiological and emotional indicators.
- What to Do: The resource offers guidance on what to do when a child experiences a panic attack, emphasizing the importance of staying calm and supportive.
- When to Be Concerned: It outlines when to be concerned about a child’s anxiety, including if it appears disproportionate to the situation or interferes with their daily life.
- Practical Strategies: Readers will find practical strategies to help children cope with anxiety and panic attacks, such as encouraging them not to avoid triggers and breaking down tasks into manageable steps.
- Duration of Panic Attacks: It explains that panic attacks typically last between 5 and 20 minutes, but the anxiety may persist afterward.
- No Long-Term Harm: Importantly, the resource reassures that while panic attack symptoms are unpleasant, they do not cause lasting harm.
This resource serves as a valuable tool for anyone looking to better understand and support children experiencing panic attacks. By providing clear and practical information, it contributes to the well-being of both children and their caregivers. It is a resource that can help create a more supportive and informed community.
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD OF HOW TO SUPPORT A CHILD EXPERIENCING PANIC ATTACKS: ONE-PAGE GUIDANCE